You wouldn’t look at Jessica Procini and think she’d ever had a problem with unconscious self-feeding. Yet, she has walked through an intense journey of self-love starvation, using food to fill the void. Overeaters Anonymous didn’t resonate and therapy wasn’t enough when it came to getting help to fully end her fight with food. She eventually used her personal power and innate wisdom to become an Emotional Eating Healer and the founder of Escape From Emotional Eating®. Based in Philadelphia, she is on a mission to help busy, successful women use food as fuel rather than a way to cope, soothe or escape their busy, stressful lives. Being 100% free from her compulsions with food, she now helps others do the same.
Or, listen on your favorite app: iTunes (Apple Podcasts) | Spotify | Stitcher | Android| RadioPublic | Google Play
In this episode:
- How do we get out of the freaking RAT RACE of overthinking EATING? (There are a million different eating plans out there…how do you intuit which foods and ways of eating are best for YOU?)
- How do we use food as a way to “run away from ourselves”?
- Why is a “NOURISHMENT FIRST” mentality the doorway to transformation and freedom?
- What are the best ways to untangle physical vs. emotional hunger?
- What are the actual roots of emotional eating, for most of us?
Connect with Jessica:
Eating is a spiritual practice, no doubt. I will address this, and other soul-based practices, at my STAND SPEAK SHINE Retreat (Embodying Your Feminine Soul: STEP INTO YOURSELF) Oct 24-26. We’re getting close to filling up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/standspeakshine-retreat-embodying-the-feminine-divine-tickets-68628556861
I recently launched two online courses: The Emotional Wholeness Master Class and The 22 Day Depression Cleanse which can be found HERE.
I am the author of two e-books, “Where Depression Ends and You Begin: 4 Passages to Discovery”; and “True and Lasting Change–4 Ways to Break Through Fear.”
My Stand Speak Shine programs provide women with retreats and mentoring programs to empower them to heal, express and create.